Wednesday 3 February 2016

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun


It will get even wilder at the main parade on Saturday although there will be fewer dogs.

I meant to get more of these pictures edited but Madeleine was over last night. Not that I mind, but she particularly likes my attention. This child has been strongly attracted to music since she was old enough to notice. My daughter and I were playing her YouTube clips of our favorite opera bits. She liked Papageno and Papagena's aria from The Magic Flute, Les Petits Soldats from Carmen, really liked The Ride of the Valkyries, but was transfixed by the Prisoners' Chorus from Fidelio. She watched the faces open up as they emerged into the light and, in her little squeaky voice, said "they're happy!" That's my girl.

NOTE TO FLICKR USERS: some of us upload our photos to Flickr and then link them to Blogger when we prepare a post. I've got thousands done that way. Yahoo, which owns Flickr, announced major cutbacks on Tuesday while they continue to try to figure out just what it is they do. Flickr will be cut back somehow but not eliminated. Until we find out what's going down, I'm uploading my photos directly to Blogger. Sure hope this doesn't cause my blog to lose several thousand linked images.

No comments:

Post a Comment