Saturday 31 January 2015

10. Theme Day - What would I miss?










If I had to leave Sydney forever, what would I miss? I have canvassed a range of regrets I would have should this occur, until it finally dawned on me that I would miss Sydney over three-dimensions.



On a 2-dimensional axis, I would miss the centre of Sydney: from Sydney Cove in the North, to Central Station in the south; from Macquarie Street in the east, to the shore of Darling Harbour in the west.



But adding a third dimension is the crucial element for me, and that is time. I would miss my search for understanding the people and places of my city through time, from 1788 through to 2015.



And what better place to ponder all this history than on the shores of Sydney Cove, where European settlement commenced. Kicking back with a Stonefish Riesling, and a Roast Pumpkin, Macadamia nut, and goat's cheese salad, watching the myriad of vessels plying their trade under a summer sky.










To see how other City Daily Photo bloggers have interpreted the Theme Day for February, follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment