Sunday 31 January 2016

City Daily Photo Theme Day: Coffee Houses And Cafes

Coffee Bar

I had to really stretch for this month's theme. Visits to coffee houses are very rare for me. No time in my crowded life for such leisurely pastimes, and the only ones close to my office and home are Starbucks. So what to do?

This is the coffee bar in my office. My staff got one of those Keurig single-cup-at-a-time coffee makers, one of the most wasteful and environmentally unfriendly products around. I don't drink coffee during the day, the people who work with me are wonderful, and so I don't make a fuss about it. Still, this makes me think back on a few wonderful cafes we've visited: Cafe de la Paix in Paris, sitting at St. Louisan Josephine Baker's table; Cafe Sacher in Vienna; even Cafe du Monde in New Orleans. 

Tomorrow morning at our home, though, once again it's French roast, brewed inky black and strong enough to clear a clogged drain.                

No comments:

Post a Comment