Saturday 28 November 2015

Shopping


Black Friday is a rather new phenomenon is the UK imported from America I believe.  A time for shopping over the Thanksgiving holiday.  I'm sure my American readers can tell me the history and traditions of the event.

It began here in 2013,   This year there has been a lot of hype surrounding it with retailers claiming it would be the biggest trading day of the year.  Stores were purportedly organising staff to get ready as early as 6am. Although some reports claimed people would be fighting one another for bargains other reports stated that as much as 40% of goods bought on this day would be returned in the following days.

Crazy shopping does not appeal to me and I avoided the shops altogether (lucky I had a suitable picture from our traditional sales day - Boxing Day (the day after Xmas), now that's different, that's a tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment