Monday 13 June 2016

Orlando and St. Louis


This was taken a week ago Sunday at that Pagan Picnic thing. I didn't think I was going to use it on the blog. A bit of photojournalism to put on Flickr but entirely grotesque.   

And then Sunday in Orlando. 

THE OCCASIONAL RANT: there are many things about country that disgust me. Guns and violent homophobia are examples. People like this who say someplace is safe only when law abiding citizens are packing heat. Idiots. Evildoers.

NO MORE ASSAULT WEAPONS. I've had the privilege to see a lot of the world. NOWHERE in the first world has a gun death rate ANYWHERE close to America's. Let us think of Australia's example.

Which leads to the question of Mr. Trump and what he had to say on Monday. I cannot find the words to respond. I believe in pluralism. Within some loose boundaries, we should gladly tolerate people we disagree with. But Trump is far beyond the border of what is marginally acceptable. That man is so dishonest, so narcissistic, so sick, I...I... 

Almost universally, I welcome people who piss me off. Not this one. How can we respect anyone who supports him?   

No comments:

Post a Comment