Monday 21 December 2015

Every pork product imaginable

.

By the time I had seen my 4th or 5th Christmas market in Vienna, I started taking pictures of only the REALLY unusual (to me) things.
Like this Speck Standl -- a booth for all things pork!
If you enlarge the photo you'll find Teufelswurst.  Devil's sausage??


For me, a "nice Jewish girl" in Israel who does not eat unkosher food, ALL the meats hanging there seemed to be "from the devil."  ; )
I felt guilty (and a bit sick) even just smelling them and gawking at them.


The chestnuts looked nice, though.


The yellow wheel of this steam engine (?) was turning, I guess helping to roast the Maroni, the chestnuts.


Everyone entering the Weihnachts Markt am Hof stopped to inspect the two fancy cars on display.
.
Check the previous post to see a different Viennese Christmas market.
.
(Linking to OurWorld Tuesday.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment