Saturday 6 May 2017

Shepherds and flock on the move

.

I was out walking when suddenly a cloud of dust started moving toward me from the west.
(Hint: you can enlarge the photos and solve the mystery.)


Turned out to be a large flock of sheep and goats!


Two young Bedouin shepherds and their dog kept them moving at a fast clip.


The fine dust coming into my camera (and my nose) was not a good thing but there was no way that I was going to miss this exciting photo opp!


I followed the flock.
 

Here we were walking part of the Israel National Trail.
Some of the goats took a minute to stand on hind legs and eat a bit of the Meitar Forest.


You can see the houses of Meitar up on the hill.


The flock moved on toward their home in the hills and I turned back to start the climb up to my home in town.


Because the sun was setting and night would soon cover the desert.
.
(Linking to Camera Critters.)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment