Saturday 9 May 2015

Ferguson

Ferguson Police

So I went up to the spring street fair in Ferguson yesterday. It was disappointing. Pretty small, a number of vendors and organizations in little tents, a stage and off and on rain all day. The crowd was thin and some of the vendors were striking their tents when I arrived.

It hit me that I've never set foot in Ferguson in the 48 years since I came to St. Louis University. Well off my path from anywhere to anywhere. Didn't dare go during last August's convulsions. We're big enough that there are a number of parts of the metro area I have never seen, no reason to visit except curiosity. If I cut back to part time work in two years (I hope I hope I hope I hope) maybe I can expand my horizons.                                

Hearts Rebuilt

I Love Ferguson

With A Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment